Photographer ́s Favorite
Photographer ́s Favorite: Snaefellsnes and the West Fjords
For photography enthusiasts, amateurs or professionals, the West Fjords are pure magic. The colors and light is exceptional and the landscape is ever-changing and constantly catching you by surprise. The rich bird life, the old houses, the sedentary life of the fishing villages, the waterfalls, rivers and of course the mighty Atlantic Ocean – all beckon for your artistic attention in an endless array of motifs. This tour is also very suitable for all nature lovers and groups of friends or families. Summer only.
DAY 1 ARRIVAL
Meet and greet at Keflavik airport. Tour to the Blue Lagoon (2 hours) on the way to Reykjavik for check in. Accommodation: Apotek Hotel or similar.
Meals: Refreshments at Blue Lagoon – Dinner. Tour duration 3 hours / 60 km.
DAY 2 -3 SNAEFELLSNES
These two days are flexible to be able to relax and utmost enjoy the scenery.
The majestical Snaefellsjokull (glacier) lava peaks, sea cliffs with vast colonies of nesting seabirds and extensive lava fields. Fishing villages and Atlantic Ocean beaches. Accommodation: Hotel Budir or similar.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration per day 4-5 hours /200 km.
DAY 4 BREIDAFJORDUR
Ferry from Stykkisholmur to Brjanslaekur at West Fjords, with a stopover for few hours on the charming small island of Flatey. Accommodation: Fosshotel Westfjords or similar in Patreksfjordur.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration 7 hours / 300 km.
DAY 5 THE WEST FJORDS
The cliffs of Latrabjarg, famous for the variety of specis and huge numbers of seabirds nesting there. Rauðisandur, the golden sand beach and overnight in Patreksfjordur a typical fishing village. Accommodation: Fosshotel Westfjords or similar.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration: 6 hours/200 km.
DAY 6 ISAFJORDUR
Drive through mountainous country roads to Isafjordur. Boat tour to the small island of Vigur; walk among the puffins and eiders and enjoy Icelandic hospitality at the island ́s farm.
Accommodation: Hotel Isafjordur or similar.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration 5 hours/200 km.
DAY 7 REYKJAVIK
Domestic flight to Reykjavik (45 min). The day spent at own leisure and experiencing one option of activity from our list. Accommodation: Apotek Hotel or similar. Meals: Breakfast – Dinner.
DAY 8 GOLDEN CIRCLE
Thingvellir National Park, an UNESCO heritage site, Geysir hot spring area, visit to a geothermal farm, Gullfoss, the Golden Waterfall. Accommodation: Apotek Hotel or similar.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration 5 hours / 200 km
DAY 9 DEPARTURE
Breakfast. Transfer to airport 2,5 hours before flight departure. Transfer time: 40 min / 60 km.
- Meet and greet upon arrival at Keflavik international airport and transfer to Reykjavík.
- Transfer to Keflavik airport for departure. Taxes and service fee.
- 3-4* accommodation for 8 nights.
- 8 breakfasts.
- 7 lunches.
- 8 dinners.
- 4 WD Super Jeep for 6 days.
- Domestic flight from Isafjordur – Reykjavik. All entrance fees. English speaking driver/guide on all tours
- Transfer to Keflavik airport for departure.
- Taxes and service fee.
- IET staff member on call 24/7 to handle any unforeseen situations –temporary local mobile phone provided.
Optional activities on day 7:
- City sightseeing, museums and art galleries, Icelandic design and handicraft (3 hours). Whale watching (3 hours).
- Cave exploring (3 hours).
- Horseback riding (3 hours).
- Snorkeling in Silfra (4 hours.)
- Light hike around Reykjavik (3 hours).
- Visit to an Icelandic home (3 hours). Excursion to Reykjanes peninsula (6 hours). Sauna and swimming pool (3 hours).
- International flights.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Lunch on day 7.
- Chinese speaking translator (provided upon request)
PRICE PER PERSON USD 3.900
Based on 4–8 persons traveling together
*NOTES ON OUR PRICES
Our itineraries prices are first and foremost an indication of needed budget.
Prices are generally based on two people sharing a Double or Twin room – except otherwise stated.
Prices are subject to season, availability, standard of accommodation and additional activities and excursions selected; private v. shared.
Basically we offer two price categories; Comfort and Luxury – but keep in mind that IET can provide the whole range of experiences and we tailor and custom-make each itinerary based on clients requirements, special interests and budget.