THE MIDNIGHT SUN
Iceland – Home of the midnight sun in summer
It surprise ́s many foreigners when they learn that the flight to Iceland from most main cities of Europe takes only about 3 hours. – And New York is only 5 hours away. – In Iceland everything is about unspoiled amazing nature, fresh air and clean pure water. And romance is in the air during the bright nights of summer! – If you feel like it, many outdoor activities can be arranged in the calm evenings.
DAY 1 ARRIVAL
Meet and greet at Keflavik airport and transfer to hotel. Accommodation: Hotel Borg or 101 Hotel. Meals: Dinner. Transfer time from airport: 40 min/ 60 km.
DAY 2 GOLDEN CIRCLE – SUPER JEEP TOUR
The Golden Circle tour includes Thingvellir National Park, an UNESCO heritage site, Geysir hot spring area, visit to a geothermal farm, Gullfoss, the Golden Waterfall. Activities on the way; snorkeling in Silfra or light hikes. Accommodation: Hotel Borg or 101 Hotel. Meals: Breakfast – Surprise lunch in the nature – Private Dinner at an Icelandic home with musical entertainment. Tour duration: 6-7 hours / 300 km.
DAY 3 INSIDE THE VOLCANO AND THE BLUE LAGOON
Thrihnjukagigur a dormant volcano crater – the tour down there is one of a kind in the world. Blue Lagoon geothermal Spa to soak for wellbeing – VIP entrance. Accommodation: Hotel Borg or 101 Hotel. Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration: 7 hours /120 km.
DAY 4 WHALES AND HORSES ! City sightseeing in the morning. Private whale watching with lunch on the yacht. Later, visit to a horse farm and horseback riding. Dinner at a geothermal farm and learn how to cook an Icelandic meal. Accommodation: Luxury private resort and spa in the country side, Trophy Lodge or similar. Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration: 9 hours / 150 km plus travel on sea.
DAY 5 HELICOPTER DAY: BLACK BEACH AND WHITE MOUNTAINS
Day tour by helicopter from the resort. A bird view at glaciers, rivers, volcanoes and black lava sand beach. Private rib boat tour on the Glacier Lagoon. At Langjokull a tour inside the glacier. Accommodation: Luxury private resort in the country side, Trophy Lodge or similar. Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration: 8 hours / approx. 3 hours in the air.
DAY 6 4 WHEEL DRIVE SUPER JEEP TOUR 4 WD
Super jeep tour. Try self- drive over unbridged rivers. Reynisfjara, the black lava sand beach. Snowmobile ride on Myrdalsjokull glacier. Farewell dinner and entertainment in Reykjavik. Accommodation: Hotel Borg or 101 Hotel. Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration: 7 hours / 300 km.
- Meet and greet at Keflavik international airport and transfer to hotel in Reykjavik. 2 nights at a Luxury private resort in the country side (including breakfast and dinner).
- 4 nights at 4* hotel in Reykjavik including breakfast. 5 Lunches (one surprise lunch at a special place and one aboard the whale watching yacht).
- 6 Dinners (one at an Icelandic home and one home cooked at a geothermal farm). Transportation; 4 WD Super Jeep for 4 days and helicopter on day 5.
- All entrance fees. City Sightseeing. Private rib boat tour on the Glacier Lagoon. Snorkeling or light hikes. Private horseback riding. Private whale watching. Snowmobile drive. Ice walking.
- Professional English speaking private guide.
- Transfer to Keflavik airport for departure.
- Taxes and service fee.
- IET staff member on call 24/7 to handle any unforeseen situations – temporary local mobile phone provided.
- International flights.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Chinese speaking translator (can be provided upon request).
Contact us for prices
*NOTES ON OUR PRICES
Our itineraries prices are first and foremost an indication of needed budget.
Prices are generally based on two people sharing a Double or Twin room – except otherwise stated.
Prices are subject to season, availability, standard of accommodation and additional activities and excursions selected; private v. shared etc.
Basically we offer two price categories; Comfort and Luxury – but keep in mind that IET can provide the whole range of experiences and we tailor and
Iceland Europe Travel partnership
Tel Iceland +354 518 5400
fax Iceland +354 518 5400
Sjávarklasinn / Ocean Cluster House