WINTER IN ICELAND
6 Days Icelandic Winter Fairy Tale
Many visitors to Iceland are surprised to learn how mild the winters actually are. The average temperature in December is 0 degrees Celsius and rarely falls below -5 degrees. The Northern Lights, Aurora Borealis, can been seen dancing in the sky in October/March. Iceland is one of the places in the world where the Northern Lights are seen most frequently.
DAY 1 ARRIVAL
Meet and greet at Keflavik airport. Following arrival in the afternoon, soak and relax in the Blue Lagoon before check in at hotel in Reykjavik. Accommodation: Apotek Hotel or Hotel Alda. Meals: Afternoon refreshment at the Blue Lagoon – Dinner. Tour duration 3 hours / 60 km.
DAY 2 THE GOLDEN CIRCLE
Thingvellir National Park, an UNESCO heritage site, Geysir hot spring area, visit to a geothermal farm, Gullfoss, the Golden Waterfall. Accommodation: Hotel Grimsborgir or similar.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration 4-5 hours / 200 km.
DAY3 SOUTHCOAST; REYNISFJARATOGLACIERLAGOON
The South coast of Iceland prides itself of many amazing wonders of nature; Reynisfjara, the black lava sand beach, Skogarfoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, volcanos and lava fields, rivers and the Glacier Lagoon. Accommodation: Fosshotel Vatnajokull or similar.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration 7 hours / 400 km.
Day 4 REYKJAVIK
Scheduled domestic flight (50 min) to Reykjavik in the morning. Rest of the day spent at own leisure in the city and experiencing one option of activity from our list. Accommodation: Apotek Hotel or Hotel Alda.
Meals: Breakfast – Dinner.
DAY 5 INTO THE GLACIER
Day tour from Reykjavik, Barnafossar and Hraunfossar waterfalls and the geyser Deildartunguhver on the way. From the glacier edge ride a 8 wheel drive Monster Truck on the ice cap for touring inside the glacier. Accommodation: Apotek Hotel or Hotel Alda.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. Tour duration 7 hours / 150 km.
DAY 6 DEPARTURE
Breakfast. All fairy tales have an ending! – Transfer to airport from hotel 2,5 hours before flight departure. Transfer time: 40 min / 60 km.
- Meet and greet upon arrival at Keflavik International airport and transfer to hotel in Reykjavik.
- 4* Accommodation for 5 nights.
- 5 breakfasts.
- 3 lunches.
- 5 dinners.
- Private 4 WD Super Jeep for 3 days.
- Domestic flight from Hofn – Reykjavik.
- All entrance fees.
- English speaking driver&guide.
- Transfer to Keflavik airport for departure. Taxes and service fees.
- ET staff member on call 24/7 to handle any unforeseen situations – temporary local mobile phone provided.
Northern Lights to be expected every night of clear sky…
- International flights.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Chinese speaking translator (can be provided upon request).
Optional activities on day 4:
- City sightseeing, museums and art galleries, Icelandic design and handicraft (3 hours).
- Whale watching (3 hours).
- Cave exploring (3 hours).Horseback riding (3 hours).
- Horseback riding (3 hours).
- Snorkeling in Silfra (4 hours).
- Light hike around Reykjavik (3 hours).
- Visit to an Icelandic home (3 hours).
- Excursion; Reykjanes peninsula (6 hours).
- Dog sledge tour (6 hours).
- Sauna and swimming pool (3 hours).
PRICE PER PERSON USD 4.250
Based on min. 2 persons traveling together
*NOTES ON OUR PRICES
Our itineraries prices are first and foremost an indication of needed budget.
Prices are generally based on two people sharing a Double or Twin room – except otherwise stated.
Prices are subject to season, availability, standard of accommodation and additional activities and excursions selected; private v. shared etc.
Basically we offer two price categories; Comfort and Luxury – but keep in mind that IET can provide the whole range of experiences and we tailor and
Iceland Europe Travel
354 518 5400